Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday Stamps: Fireworks and night views


For fireworks and night views:

UL - Macau International Fireworks Display Contest, issued in 2004
This stamp has appeared here in my blog back to 4 years ago. It came with this postcard. That is probably my only postcard from Macau and this is my only fireworks stamp to date.

LL - A 2013 issue featuring the Fehmarn Sound Bridge. It is a 963-meter long bridge connecting the island of Fehmarn in the Baltic Sea to mainland Germany. The bridge is considered a historic monument but I can't find any further information from wiki as to the reason for such distinction.

UR - It's from a 2-pc set joint issue in 2009 between Indonesia and Iran. This stamp is the Indonesian face featuring Masjid Al-Markaz in Makkasar. It is a center of Islamic studies in the eastern part of Indonesia. Its architecture is patterned with the Grand Mosque in Mecca and the Prophet's Mosque in Medina.


LR - Almost of a night view, this 2013 stamp is from the Coastlines of New Zealand set of 5 issue. This is probably my favorite among these 4 stamps shown here in my page today. I love the aptness of the name for the tiny rocky islands and the mixed hues of yellow, orange, and blue as the background.

Visit See it on a Postcard for more fireworks and night view stamps features for today.

~maria

5 comments:

  1. I like all these stamps. But the festival of Macau, I adore it, it's very special. I'm very fond of fireworks, as almost everyone in my region.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning stamps today. I also like the Macau one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a fan of fireworks and love that Macau stamp.
    And for calmer moments that NZ view would fit, perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bridge addict but these are all great stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect capture of fireworks on the Macau stamp. Never heard of the bridge but there are some great ones on the Baltic.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: