Friday, November 25, 2016

Postcards for the weekend 13: Museum/university/library

For the theme this weekend, the only postcard I have for a university was featured last year. Here are two postcards instead that talk about universities:

DE-5634232, Sent: 11 Oct 2016
Traveled 10,346 km in 8 days

The sender wrote that Freiburg City, where she lives is an old university town in Black Forest Area of Germany, close to France and Switzerland. I think she's mostly referring to the 500-plus years old Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg. It is in the top 5 oldest universities in Germany along with Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg, University of Leipzig, University of  Rostock, and University of Greifswald. When I look at this card, I crave for a slice of Black Forest cake, given the colors of the costume the woman & children are wearing and the name of the area.


Direct Swap: Sent: 6 June 2015
Traveled 9,981 km in 20 days

The multi-view card shows places of interest in the university town of Plzn. For this card, the sender wrote about the degree she's studying at the University of West Bohemia. It's called Faculty of Philosophy, International Relations, British and International Studies. I wish I was able to keep it touch. She seems to be a perfect person to speak with about the Brexit and the results of the recent USA elections ...


Sadly, I don't have any library card to share, but I have at least one museum postcard.

Friendship Gift Postcard: Sent: 3 June 2016

Have you ever experienced receiving a postcard in the mail and exclaiming out loud or in your mind, "Oh! I've been there!" -- this postcard is one of those cards for me. Well, except of course those postcards that I sent to myself whenever I travel. 


This postcard came to me 2 months after I was there in Acropolis. It's an understatement to say how grand is their collection, given the rich cultural history of the place. I would love to go back to get lost once again into a different age while viewing their displays.

Happy Thanksgiving to readers & participants who celebrate and to everyone, I wish us all a good rest this weekend!

~maria








5 comments:

  1. I wonder what she is carrying on her head in the first postcard. A very impressive hall in Greece, I've been to quite a lot of museum there but not that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love especially the last card, because I was there two years ago. So, when I see it I had the same feeling. Actually, I spent a whole day inside the museum, even had lunch and afternoon tea there. And I still wish to visit it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria, I enjoyed your cards for this post. An interesting aspect of postcard collecting is coming to my attention through the linky party. Some collections are cards received through the mail. Others are cards purchased. Mine is in the latter category. I initially started by collecting cards about Yellowstone National Park. It would be unlikely to receive many of them through the mail. Thanks for sharing and hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found myself in trouble with this week's theme because I haven't got any cards sorted according to those themes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely postcards for this weeks theme...and one showing a place where you have been is always a bit special!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: