Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Stamps: Children


From left to right --

Sri Lanka Commonwealth Heads of Government Commemorative stamp when they hosted in 2013. The stamp was issued in 14 Nov 2013. I wish I could find more information about the stamp. I'm curious about the flowers the girl in braids is holding.

Netherlands Child Welfare 2010 stamp from a set of 6. I like the soft lighting and the child not looking directly to the camera. 

Another stamp from the Netherlands, this Europa stamp is the right portion of a se-tenant with a continuous design. The left portion can be seen here , the boy is on the microphone piece of this strong telephone. It was issued on 9 May 1989.

Check out the page See it on a Postcards for more children stamps this weekend.

~maria

6 comments:

  1. Three very different but equally charming stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought at first glance the girl was 'listening' to a seashell. I like the idea behind the se-tenant set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colourful Sri Lanka stamp!
    Thank you for posting the Dutch stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great; now I would like to see the re-tenant pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was about publishing your second stamp, but then I choose others because I had got more of them. Love your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of three very different children!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: