Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Angkor Wat, Cambodia


The Buildings and Structures on Postcards that I will be sharing for the April 2015 A-Z Challenge will be a mix of those I've had the pleasure to visit and those I have not. Although, fingers crossed for the latter that I'll have the chance to see them for real.

For the entry for letter "A" - 

Angkor Wat is one of the temples I've visited back in October 2014. I went with my bestfriend to fulfill a dream I had since 2009. 


We had the pleasure of being toured around the temples of a local, Mr. Vann Seila. The plan was to see the sunrise so we started off really early. Alas it was raining on the day we picked to go. Now, my feet are just itching to go back there during the dry season. I couldn't wait to experience the sight below in person.


Normally my postcards are labeled, with information about their travel through the post. Please check previous posts for reference. However, for these 2 and the ones I'll share for letters "B" and "C", I couldn't label. These Cambodia postcards were from a pack of 10 that were hand-delivered to me by a friend who visited Cambodia back in 2013.

~maria

6 comments:

  1. My church has an Asian Ministry which I am a part of . They are from Cambodia and left during Kmer Rouge. They are all grand parents now and I teach the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my wish list of places to go! Some day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing looking place that I've only seen in photos or documentaries. You are fortunate to have been able to travel there.

    Your theme sounds like it will be very interesting.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria - they give us a flavour .. it's a part of the world I've never been to - so sad it was raining .. but a good excuse to go back and see your sunrise over Angkor Wat ...

    Inspirational photos ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angkor Wat is pretty high on my bucket list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Love you monthly theme and I look forwards on seeing where you take this. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: