Saturday, October 1, 2011

Velika Panda & Alfons Mucha from CZ

It's the typhoon season here in the Philippines so it's no longer a surprise that we've got our second typhoon in a single week. Forgive me for saying this, but sometimes I like it when there's a typhoon. The scents of leaves; the smell of nature floats in the air, as the rainwater washes the city greens free from dusts and pollution...

And because I am dreamy about taking a hike into the woods to smell more freshness this weekend, I am sharing a green postcard with a cutie velika panda in it. I learned that velika is Croatian word for giant.



What's more interesting about this postcard from Czechoslovakia (which I always have a hard time pronouncing properly) is the zodiac stamp at the back. The stamp was issued on May 26, 2010 to commemorate the 150 years of Alfons Maria Mucha,. 





Trivia: Alfons Maria Mucha was the first artist to design the postage stamps, banknotes, and other government documents for the Chechoslovak republic when it won its independence after World War I. 

Trivia: Mucha's distinct art nouveau style was the inspiration for the Japanese manga artist, Naoko Takeuchi for the design of a series of posters depicting five of the main characters of his manga series, Sailor Moon.
Source: wikipedia.org




Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Panda image and the stamp is gorgeous! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandas are cute and I agree with Snap, the stamp is fantastic! I have received some pretty stamps (and postcards) from the Czech Republic, too.


    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful image of the panda.

    I have a contest on my blog this week. Please visit and leave a comment to be entered.

    http://sendapostcardaweek.blogspot.com/2011/09/where-to-send-this-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell dear,

    WAOH this Panda is so nice, I love them, I had one fluffly when I was a little girl and cry so much when I lost him years ago. I know...I was already an adult, but he was part of me.

    Well this card of tcheckie is very special, I wouldn't imagine finding it while joining this PFF meme. I'm so happy for the share.

    Hope you'll come by mine too and travel to France for the occasion.

    Wish you a lovely day

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Mucha card! I've been a fan of his since the 70's.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: