Saturday, October 15, 2011

Michaelangelo's Masterpieces



Thanks so much to my senior medical physicist, Hazel for the 20 postcards from Italy! :) I wanna post more but the net is too slow...these 2 are among my favorites: Michaelangelo's masterpieces.

The Creation of Adam from the ceiling of Sistine Chapel from the first card was painted in 1511. It's an illustration of one of the stories from the Book of Genesis.

The second card means so much to me...I was cast of a play for Holy Week. I was Mary and together with the actor playing Jesus, we had the La Pietà tableau for almost 30minutes. I had leg cramps for 3 days I believe! I guess that was penitence enough for the Holy Week season that year :p


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful friend to have given you 20 postcards from Italy! I can see why the two you chose are some of your favorites - they are two pieces of art I automatically think of when someone says the word "Italy"!

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit there and visit such wonderful pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: