Sunday, September 1, 2013

The post, etc.

The theme for Sunday Stamps today is the post, letters, post boxes, etc.

I'm happy to find 4 related stamps in my collection:


From Netherlands, I have this postcrossing.com stamp issued in 14 October 2011 by PostNL.


The 'Posta Italiana', issued in 7 July 2009. According to the Poste Italiane website, the design "features an envelope taking off, leaving behind a trail formed by the colors of the Italian flag."


This stamp was issued by the Česká pošta in 9 October 2011 to commemorate 
the annual World Post Day. 


A commemorative issue on 3 August 2012 by the Office National des Postes Tunisie 
for the Arab Post Day. 

~maria

8 comments:

  1. I just received a card with that Italian stamp, and the Postcrosser apologized for the 'boring stamp". But I have so few that it isn't really all that boring. The Czech stamp is interesting (if a little 'busy').

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Italian stamp is one of my favorites for a simple design giving a sense of speed. The Tunisian with its surrounding airmail colours is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design on the Czech stamp. Arab Post Day seems to vary from country to country, perhaps each country has their own date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the postcrossing stamp with postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stamp from Tunisia that is so great. And I like its design. Thank you for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This time i think I've got all these stamps! Very beautiful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful :-) I sent you an email today about our boring stamps in the UK , such a shame but hopefully you will love the card I send you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also acquired that Italian stamp recently. The Tunisian stamp also looks good.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: