Thursday, September 5, 2013

Locked in love!

I am really fatigued today but I don't want to miss joining Guest Heart Thursday
twice in a row... My contribution for this week:


It came with a heart postcard, which can be found here. And I just realized,
how appropriate, I entitled that previous post, "Loving through death" and this one
 is "Locked in love!" -- this lovely coincidence warms up my heart 
and really justifies my staying up longer tonight for a GHT entry.

--------------------------------------------------

It's a greeting stamp - pendant issued by Pošta Slovenije on 25 January 2013. 
The description for the stamp at the www.posta.si website reads:

"The latest greetings stamp bears the motif of one of the padlocks whose number 
is effectively growing from day  to day at the new Mesarski Most bridge in Ljubljana. 
By hanging up a locked padlock,  couples make a symbolic manifestation 
of their commitment to eternal love..."

------------------------------------------

I'm keeping this short and closing my eyes as soon as I post this...
I still have to wake up at 5:30 AM tomorrow, wish me sweet dreams, please. Thanks!

~maria

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo glad you stayed up to link this beautiful card! I wish you sweet dreams ... and a fabulous weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful practice this is! Thank you for sharing your heart stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you liked my stamp. :)
    Our post issues a heart stamp every year, prior to the Valentine's day.
    This heart is for padlocks which couples hang on a Butcher's bridge in our capital Ljubljana, representing undying love.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: