Friday, September 13, 2013

Learn the nature.

Facebook Postcard Swap, Sender: Auli
Sent: 11 June 2012 from Romainville, France
Received: 27 June 2012, Traveled ~10,936 km in 16 days

It was utopia for me, traveling to Bukidnon for most of my assignments for work for the past 8 months. That place in the middle of Mindanao, south of the country is a natural paradise. With my seemingly final travel there this year happening a week ago, I can't help but feel sad.

Being in Bukidnon was enjoying warmth of nature's embrace. It was the most comforting place I've ever been; verdant mountain ranges, cool breeze, fresh inexpensive food, and good-natured people. The name of the place means mountain dweller. And if only I am very free to choose, I'd like to be a highlander and spend a year or two in that place, if not live there. It's the food basket of Mindanao and I just want to experience the joy of planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops.

I'm smiling to find these postcards in my collection that really reflects my feelings right now about Bukidnon. The French phrase on the card above means, "Learn the nature."

On the card below, the German phrase means, "Nothing happens in living nature that is not connected with the whole."

Facebook Postcard Swap, Sender: Angela
Sent: 26 March 2012 from Nordheim, Germany
Received: 10 April 2012, Traveled ~10,685.9 km in 14 days

I'm keeping my fingers crossed my next visit in Bukidnon is in the not so far future :)

Hop on to Beth's Postcard Friendship Friday meme for more beautiful cards to view as the week winds down into a relaxing phase (hopefully) for all of us.


~maria

3 comments:

  1. thanks for dropping by to say "hello"! the four panels of flowers really makes for a pretty postcard.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so bittersweet to find a place where you feel you belong and feel so at home in. I hope you get the chance to spend more time in your favourite place of Bukidnon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this postcard and the translation of the German, "Nothing happens in living nature that is not connected with the whole." How amazing, and perfectly lovely.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: