Friday, September 27, 2013

Bird Watch

         Here are some birds postcards to complement the stamps to be posted on Sunday:


LT-174535, Sender: Lindenfir
Sent: 27 Dec 2011 from Vilnius, Lithuania
Received 24 Jan 2012, Traveled 9,052 km in 28 days
I wish I can read the scientific name of this bird at the back of the card, but it's in Cyrillic
characters. It looks so regal with its flamboyant crown.

NO-56120, Sender: Julcos
Sent: 6 Dec 2011, Sent from Lillehammer, Norway
Received: 16 Dec 2011, Traveled 9,652 km in 10 days
I believe the name of this bird is chaffinch. Julia, the sender said that
this bird is very popular and there's many of them in Norway.

Card from my own stack.

This is the Philippine cuckoo-dove. I got it from a booklet of migratory birds
published by the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines.  According to the site,

the Philippines is home to 600 species of resident and migratory birds.


~maria

2 comments:

  1. bird are my favourite topical for stamps and postcards. I'm already having a tough time deciding what to post on Sunday:)

    That top guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I especially loved the first and last postcards...they are just lovely.

    Thank you for joining us for Postcard Friendship Friday. Have a lovely weekend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: