Thursday, March 8, 2012

Miag-ao Church, UNESCO Heritage Site


Miag-ao church is listed as a UNESCO Heritage Site under the 'Baroque Churches of the Philippines' category. It was built in 1786 by Spanish Augustinian missionaries. The bas-relief facade features a large coconut tree -- the tree of life. It also features native dress, and native flora and fauna. The church was meant to defend the local people from Moro attacks. Hence, it's made of thick walls and secret passages.

This card will travel to India tomorrow for a private swap. :) And here's a prayer inspired by this card & the recent happenings in my life:

Lord, in the hustle and bustle of my life,
I admit that there are moments when my faith falters
Thank you for even in my moments of weakness,
You kept Your faith and never left my side.

Most of all, let me thank you for the people --
Who are truly good at heart and hard to come by in this world
Yet You showed me the way, and our paths inter-fold
Now I believe, kind souls are ample.

~ maria

2 comments:

  1. I would love to visit this church.
    a card swap sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love a swap!

      I need to find another copy of this card though as it's currently unavailable.

      Delete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: