Friday, August 2, 2013

Dreaming of a beautiful sunset

All I wanted today was to drink tea while watching the sun set. The typhoon is out of the Philippines (although another one is approaching). So it was a sunny late afternoon and I know that I'd be able to see the red hot glow slowly disappearing in the horizon. I just wanted a quiet moment with myself, with a cup of calming tea, and the warm glow of the setting sun. 

But alas! I was just dreaming of it, sleepy inside a public utility vehicle which was stuck in traffic for almost two hours. I was picturing in my mind how the sunset would look like and I realized, I have a scanned copy of that postcard with sunset in Manila Bay.


May I also share that a sunset postcard arrived in the mail today.

US-2327385, Sender: Yukaka
Sent: 21 July 2013, Sent from Tampa, FL
Received: 2 Aug 2013, Traveled 14,750 km in 12 days
And while filing it on its respective album, I realized that I have another pretty sunset postcard that's yet to be posted.  So here it is :)

WIP General Swap, name of sender unreadable on the back of the card
Sent: 19 March 2012, Sent from Minneapolis, MN
Received: postmark not available on the card, Traveled 12,549 km
Missing the sun set wasn't that bad after all. At the end of the day, I'm still smiling while admiring the sun set postcards that I have. :)

Happy Postcard Friendship Friday everyone! 

I'm really glad to be back! :)

~maria

3 comments:

  1. Ah, sweet dear girl. You are such a precious young lady. ((hugs)) These are such lovely pictures. I often think of you--such beautiful postcards. I pray for you this loveliness.

    Be safe. You know you are in my prayers. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - here I was envisioning you dead-tired after a long productive day and pulling this post together while the kettle brewed....
    Sunsets make lovely scenic postcards, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you Maria Kristina for posting the postcard featuring my photo of the glorious sunset at Manila Bay. It was taken way back the first quarter of 2010 while have my travel photo assignment at the metropolis. Fortunate enough i've browsed the net and saw your blog. =D

    Keep blogging,

    Valdoe c",)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: