Sunday, August 11, 2013

Colorful stamps

I wish the scanned versions are as bright as the original ones.
I'm calling this, an experience in the limits of technology.
Nevertheless, I'm sharing some colorful stamps here 

Enjoy!


My guess is that this stamp shows the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong.
I can't get more information about it. If someone knows more info, 
please leave in the comments section. Thank you so much!


These two attractive Ukranian stamps are from the subject: 
Treasures of Ukranian Museum - Hanna Sobachko-Shostak's works.
The ox-eye daisies and the nestling box.
These were printed on 2 August 2002.


Stamps from Poland, starting from left:
Subject: Toy World - a xylophone, printed 1 June 2008
The one in the middle, I'm really sad the colors were faded.
It's for the World Post Day, issued on 9 October 1998.
The last one is the Europa stamp, issued 22 May 2012.

~maria

7 comments:

  1. You have a very colourful selection there! I have great difficulty too, with trying to show the true colours, whether stamps of postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great selection of colourful stamps, i have only ever seen the triangle one...and the chinese one has to be my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail in the Ukrainian stamps is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may win for most colorful! The Ukraine stamps are wonderful!
    thank you for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top three have colours that really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the first one is very colourful. A nice trio from Poland, I like the idea of a signpost for the Europa 'Visit' theme

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: