Monday, October 14, 2013

Inspiration from bluebells

FI-1858485, Sender: Paula
Sent: 10 Sep 2013 from Vaasa, Finland
Received: 20 Sep 2013, Traveled 9,032 km in 10 days

Life again is moving in a quicker pace than usual. In a more precise way of saying it -- I returned from an out-of-town work late in the evening of Saturday and in a few hours I'll be in the airport again for another assignment. Time check, 01:05 AM on a Monday. So far, I'm happy to have slept 5 hours since I was back. As to why I wasn't able to get more rest than I wish I could, well... there's tidying up of my stuff, laundry, and urgent documents for my clinical residency that needed much of my remaining energy and attention (not to mention the noisy neighbor).

I can really feel my body leaning down at its own already, like those bluebells on the postcard. I picked this card to gain inspiration. I really hope, like those bluebells hanging on their stems, I can still manage to be strong/not to fall down, to be able to do everything that has to be done, despite fatigue and this persistent flu. Yes I'm extremely tired (and sick) right now, in much need of more sleep and rest but I want to post this entry first for Blue Monday, with the thought that no matter how pressing the situation is, there's always a brighter way of looking at things and from there, positive energy pours in and you're able to carry on. Happy Blue Monday everyone!


~maria

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely, positive attitude you have, Maria.

    I hope that you are able to catch up on your sleep and do well with your job.

    Thanks for playing.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebells appeared mysteriously in my garden this year, they are surprisingly tough for seeming so delicate. I hope your flu is better, Chinese herb Rehmannia and flower stalks from Self-Heal have been helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: