Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Thai novice monks

Facebook Postcard Swap, Sender: Ming
Sent: 18 October 2012, Sent from Bangkok, Thailand
Received: 29 October 2012, Traveled 2,206 km in 12 days

Ming wrote: I'm sending you the card showing a monk receiving alms offering. In Thailand you can see this very often in the morning since most people here are Buddhists so they practice it quite regularly.

Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: Marie Laurent
Sent: 19 April 2013, Sent from Chiang Mai, Thailand
Received: 22 April 2013, Traveled 2,386.15 km in 4 days

On this other postcard, the young Buddhist novice monks are shown paying respect to Buddha image's head in Ayutthaya, Thailand. Ayutthaya is from the Indian word, Ayodhya, which is the birthplace of Rama in Ramayana.


~maria

2 comments:

  1. Wow, two really beautiful images! Quite exotic for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing monks. I don't know why. There was one time I chased a monk in Hong Kong just so I can have a photo with him...

      Delete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: