Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hortensiekrans

FI-1704552, Sender: dotdotPC
Sent on 16 March 2013, Sent from Helsinki, Finland
Received on 1 April 2013, Traveled 8,938 km in 16 days

Here's a hydrangea wreath to celebrate the melting of snow, the peeking sun...it's spring time! We don't have spring here in the Philippines but I share this silky and beautiful wreath to everyone celebrating the spring season. 

Hydrangea wreath is hortensiekrans in Swedish. I had my Finnish friend / pen pal Tuija translate it for me. (I learned from her too that Swedish is one of the first languages of Finland.) Earlier today, I received a letter from her in the mail. Her letter spoke of winter draining her energy. Since the wreath symbolizes life and strength, I wish you all of my co-bloggers and readers a flow of renewed energy, life, and strength with the spring season!

I believe this wreath comes with an extra special love cause it's not the usual circular but it is heart-shaped instead ;-)

Linking up with Clytie for Guest Heart Thursday.


~maria 

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful sight. The flowers in a heart shape are such great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hydrangea heart wreath, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we all be blessed with strength and vigor in our lives.... beautiful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what your friend means by winter draining her energy. While we do have spring here, it is a dreary one this year ... lots of rain and gray skies ... and chilly. I should be used to it, but I'm not!

    Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful springtime heart wreath. I didn't know Thailand doesn't have spring like we do. I think I would miss it!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: