Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday Stamps: Flying


This miniature sheet is from a postcard that I sent to myself from my first business trip back in 2015. 

This special edition was issued back in 1998. According to wikipedia, this Air Traffic Control (ATC) Tower was the tallest in the world when it was built. It monitors two runways for Kuala Lumpur International Airport (main and also referred as KLIA1) and KLIA2 (domestic). Currently this tower is only 3rd highest in the world. It has been overtaken by another tower monitoring a 3rd runway for KLIA2 and that in Suvarnabhumi International Airport - Bangkok.

Fly around the world today through Sunday Stamps @ See it on a postcard.

~maria

5 comments:

  1. This is a nice stamp. I would like to see more airports on stamps! Sometimes they are very special architectural structures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minisheet. I agree with Eva, and we almost never get to see the whole picture of some of the more spectacular airports, so nice to see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has reminded me that I could have shown a stamp of Schipol, Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like aerial view, nice and green too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recently reading an architecture blog that was featuring some really cool control towers.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: