Monday, November 4, 2013

Geek it up!

Facebook Swap, Sender: LaraLuis
Sent: 25 Dec 2012 from 
Sao Mamede de Infesta, Portugal Received: 16 Jan 2013, Traveled ~12,178 km in 23 days

The vacation with my beau is over by the end of today. As mentioned in my previous blog posts, my dreaded exam is tomorrow. Time to geek it up! I did my best to revise while on vacation. But I think my body took more on the 'relaxation' mode. I ain't too guilty. I believe it's also necessary to pay attention to other 'human' needs and not just always focusing on intellectual endeavors.

I know. I know. I'm doing my best to justify it to myself, this feeling of unpreparedness. But I guess in the end, it's not just professional accomplishments that matter but also a strong personal relationship with someone you hold so close to your heart.

As such, I'm delighted to share that for a change, my vacation was spent doing physical activities. Very different from the usual me -- wearing my glasses and deep in the pages of my books. Here, let me share snap shots of our activities that I'm really proud I did with him. Imagine, for the first time, I was shouting at the top of my lungs for going so fast downhill on a mountain bike and not because I completed a solution for a Physics problem? That was really cool!



I feel relaxed and just prepared with whatever the result of the exam will be. Deep in my heart, I'm wishing I will pass. But I guess we'll see... I am doing my best to block the pressure of "Will I pass or not?" and I'm just focusing on giving my best once the examination questions are laid out in front of me.

Cheers for optimism! Pressure will always be there but let's not allow it to always make us blue. Blue is a relaxing color. Blue is the favorite color of my beau, and is starting to be my favorite, too.

Happy Blue Monday everyone! I wish us all a great week.

For more nice blue, check out the Blue Monday linky party.

~maria

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Blue and for exam time soon to be GONE! Thanks for sharing your blue.


    Happy Blue Monday, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling by as a Blue Monday participant, all the best with your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, you and your sweetie look like you are having fun...always..ALWAYS remember to take time for fun. Without it, we become cross and hard to live with. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish for your successful exam. Like seeing both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must take time out for fun because it make a more rounded person. Wishing you the best of luck on your exam. Love the bike photo because you both look happy.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo what a lovely "blue" couple Maria...Red and blue are my favorite colors.
    Got you request about the card...Let me know if you want the exam same children or another one ?

    cheers

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: