Sunday, September 4, 2011

Finding Nemo

Hello folks! Pardon my absence for a month and a few days. This busy, crazy, and sometimes funny ;-) life! Yay! It might take forever to narrate what kept me away from here. Right now, I am just excited to post new entries. To start it off, I am sharing more stamps for Viridian's Sunday Stamps blogfest.


The True Clownfish or Amphiprion percula is from my bestfriend Jeri, who's so sweet to remember me during one of her out-of-town vacations. The stamp was part of the 2010 Philippine Marine Biodiversity issue. Quoting an article from the Philippine Postal Corporation website:
"The Philippines forms an ocean that has long been recognized as the world's center of marine biodiversity. With the Malay Archipelago, Papua New Guinea, and Australia, the country forms the 'Coral Triangle', so called because of the abundance of its coral reef life...(70% in the Philippines, 20% Indonesia, 10% Malaysia)..."

I don't have these other stamps w/ me and I just found them in the PhilPost website as part of the marine biodiversity issue. I think I'm too selfish if I don't share these beautiful stamps. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. =)










Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. that's an interesting set. The Mandarinfish looks psychedelic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandarin fish is just amazing! I can't imagine a fish like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Postcard & Sheila: I agree, this Mandarin fish is truly one of a kind, Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Clown to Mandarin these are exceptional stamps with a Star in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Scotney for dropping by and the nice comment. I went to the post office earlier today to get the Mandarinfish stamp but they no longer have it there :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful marine stamps of fascinating creatures. Love the leaping dolphin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red star is pretty too. the madarin fish - amazing. i'd like to see it in real life.
    I am late in commenting b/c we lost electricity in a big storm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Viridian: Thanks for dropping by. I hope you and your family, except for the loss of electricity, are all well from the storm.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: