Saturday, September 23, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 54: Fall Scenes

Our theme this weekend is fall scenes. It’s such a pity that Singapore doesn’t have four seasons. I would very much love to watch the color change from green into yellow/gold and orange/red. Although on a second thought, perhaps that’s morbid to enjoy watching leaves die… 

Friendship Gift Postcard, Sent from Gothenburg
Sent 14 September 2017, Traveled 14734 km in 9 days

The first card is from Monica who blogs at Beyond the Lone Islands. It’s always an indescribable joy whenever I get postcards from blogging friends. Monica said this is one of her favorite autumn cards. It easily became one of mine, too!

UA-936361, Sent from Kiev
Sent 28 Jan 2014, Traveled 8,188 km in 33 days


The second card I believe says, “This is my Ukraine”. It features the largest lake in the Carpathian Mountains of Ukraine, Lake Synevyr. 

I was just back from a higher elevation myself (Kathmandu, Nepal). But I was only in the city and I didn't' have the chance to go into nature. Hopefully, when I travel again next month, I'll be lucky to be in nature and surrounded by the colors of the fall season for real, once again!

I hope all of you, fall lovers are starting to enjoy this season. Please let me know your favorite place to watch the leaves turn into red and gold, in the comment section below.

Happy weekend,
~maria




3 comments:

  1. au contraire - not so morbid. I find it thrilling to see this spectacle. It is only in the dead of winter, when the trees are bare and there is no snow on the ground that i find it all a bit sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't travel much but I watch the colours turn in the trees around my city, for example in the parks and old cemeteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not morbid at all. It is necessary for the trees grow new leaves!
    Beautiful postcards.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: