Saturday, September 9, 2017

Postcards for the weekend 52: Monochrome

I have good and bad news to share this weekend. Let's start with the bad news. My linkytools subscription is still yet to be sorted out despite the fact that PayPal already has my money transferred to linkytools. This is starting to push me to the edge of frustration! But, I'm reminded of another fact. I reckon most of my blogger friends and participants to the Postcards for the Weekend won't really be troubled by this and we'll still find a way to visit each other's contribution to the weekend's theme. Hurray! Well, that's part of the good news ...

The other part is -- I just got promoted!! It was totally unexpected. Especially that it was announced right after I came back from my 2 weeks holidays. I'm very grateful to the leadership team of my company for recognizing all the efforts I've put into my work for the past 2.7 years. 

And so, for the monochrome theme this weekend, here are postcards from the USA state where the head office of my company is located: Washington.


Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: John
Sent 13 Jan 2016, Traveled 12,970 km


Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: John
Sent 23 Jan 2016, Traveled 12,970 km

John and I have kept in touch and we've planned to meet for a coffee at the original Starbucks in Pike St if and when I can visit Seattle. We've been talking about this for almost 3 years now! I might go to Seattle next month which is excellent timing as I've been worried about the lack of updates at John's Island. I sincerely hope my friend John is well and just taking a hiatus from blogging.


Happy weekend everyone, 
~maria

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the promotion. I've missed John's shipping news of the Sound. I've travelled to a Nova Scotia blacksmith for this week's card Postal Picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news, congratulations!
    After some weeks (almost) without Internet because of holidays, today I am able to add some postcards to Postcards for the Weekend. You can visit the post here.
    The postcard of Washington is very original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the promotion!
    Here's my contribution to the Monochrome theme.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: