|Friendship Gift Postcard, Sender: Renz & Raqz|
Sent: 14 Jul 2013 from Narita Airport, Japan
Received: 19 Jul 2013, Traveled 3,040 km in 6 days
I was continuously on the go; traveling overseas and really committing my time and energy for the new job lately. Being back here in Singapore from a trip in Japan, I have this intense need to just slow down, breathe, and meditate. At the same time, I am anxious about getting my ducks in a row after being overseas for 3 weeks, understanding the roles and responsibilities for my position and structuring the objectives and goals moving forward.
Since writing has always been an effective strategy to calm my nerves, I decided it would be inevitable for me to keep on trying to draw a clear line between simply sharing straightforward facts and interesting information about the postcards and stamps I post here on my page and the blog being a live journal. Oh well, no one really said I shouldn't mix the two, right? I reckon, it's probably nice for my blog visitors too to read on how I'm able to relate or on why a postcard or a stamp is significant for me. So from now on, this page will no longer be so trying hard to stay with a rigid writing format :) I think it's easier that way.
Last month, I was invited by Darla, a co-participant to the April A-Z Blogging Challenge to sign-up for another linky party. I didn't have the time to find out more until today and the linky @ The Writer's Retreat has since closed up. There's a linky party though on Vidya's page that is refreshed every month! Hurray! Vidya is Darla's inspiration for Grati-Tuesday. I believe the gratitude posts are consolidated at Vidya's page via the Gratitude Circle.
And so now, for my much needed pause from the hustle and bustle of life, here's a 5-point gratitude list from the first 6 months of this year:
1. For a chance to explore roles and responsibilities for a technical position in an inter-national level for a biomedical testing and measurement manufacturing company. Two years ago, it was just a dream to be in this position.
2. For people who are confident in my capabilities to carry on with a position that I had no experience in an inter-national level. These people are also supportive; guiding and teaching me how to navigate the complexities and struggles with this new position.
3. For my first trip to Europe! For a little brown girl from a small island in the Philippines, that was such a big dream came true!
4. For an experience to party until early in the morning. I've always been the "kill joy" and it's nice to learn how to step out of my comfort zone in regards with socializing. I'm glad that despite staying out late under the influence of alcohol, I didn't go overboard; being dead drunk, wild, and crazy.
5. For being able to fly out of Yokohama, Japan area safe and sound after experiencing 2 earthquakes in a period of 4 days. That was my first trip to Japan and I want to keep good memories from that one.
I'm smiling after creating this list. It helps put things in life on a better perspective.
The modern Tokyo postcard is my contribution to Our World Tuesday.
The list is for my sanity and the Gratitude Circle ;-)