Monday, June 15, 2015

Blue Lake Inle from Myanmar

Souvenir postcard, not sent over the mail
(c) Win Kyaw Zan, Myanmar Travel Photography

I was in Myanmar one month ago, before my trip to Japan. The postcards that I sent to myself from Japan arrived last week. But, the postcards I sent to myself from Myanmar hasn't arrived until now. I'm glad that I kept 3 postcards with me; hence, I still have a souvenir from that trip. One of the postcards is of Lake Inle, shown above. 

Yes, you read it right. I send postcards to myself whenever I am traveling. The very first one was from 2012 during my first trip to UK. That postcard could be found here. Some people find it weird. My rationale behind it is these would be nice souvenirs of my younger years. I keep my postcards in albums. I would love to flip through the pages when I'm old. I also write to myself on the back of the card -- simple things that I want to remember from the trip.

Since I'm traveling a lot more now because of work, I dedicated a new label for postcards from my trips that I share here on my blog. These postcards would be grouped under the "travel diary" label. 

Are you curious on what exact details I tell to myself on my postcards? I'd be happy to share, all you have to do is ask :D

Happy Blue Monday and I'm rolling over this post for Tuesday's Our World blogfest.

~maria

8 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I have sent postcards to myself and saved them in a scrapbook. (Great minds think alike!)

    That is blue-tiful!

    Thanks for linking in today.

    Happy Blue Monday,

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to send post cards home addressed to the 'cats' ~ It is a great idea as you do have a collection to peruse in your 'later years' ~ Delightful post for Blue Monday!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never would have thought of that. Not a bad idea and a way to preserve memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find writing postcards a terrible chore so I'd probably never write one to myself - but I can see that it's a really good way to build up a travel diary. Your postcards will still be in their album when technological advances have left our blogs obsolete!
    Anabel's Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes sense to grab shots on cards and ship them. No messing with the camera when you are in a hurry. It has to be somewhat fun to see how long it takes for them to arrive home,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I love postcards! I get so happy when I get one in the mail! I must remember to send myself some when I travel again! I like your journal of postcards. That is a great idea. I have one that my late aunt sent when she visited the original Twin Towers in NYC when they were brand new. It means a lot to me today because of her loss as well as the tragic loss on 9-11-2001! I also have several postcards from my folks and they are gone as well. It is nice to see my mother's sweet handwriting on the back of a postcard. Memories mean so much! Thank you for this sweet share. Hugs, Anne xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria .. sending postcards is a good idea .. I usually bring them back with me ...

    Your trips sound fabulous .. it's great you're having this opportunity to see the world ...

    I've sent two from England ... at different times ... one was a while ago ... a month or so, and one a little more recently ... they should have arrived I hope .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria , there is nothing strange about sending postcards to yourself . I have a few other friends that do it as well :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: