Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thou hast brought me many flowers

Beloved, thou hast brought me many flowers
Plucked in the garden, all the summer through
And winter, and it seemed as if they grew 
In this close room, nor missed the sun and showers.

Postcard ID: DE-1442283, Sender: Kizza00
Sent from Germany, Sent on 28 June 2012
Received on 18 July 2012, Traveled 10,199 km in 20 days
So, in the like name of that love of ours,
Take back these thoughts which here unfolded too,

Postcard ID: HR-27972, Sender: Daca
Sent from Slavonski Brod, Croatia, Sent on 14 Dec 2011
Received on 19 Jan 2012, Traveled 9, 489 km in 36 days
And which on warm and cold days I withdrew
From my heart's ground. Indeed, those beds and bowers
Be overgrown with bitter weeds and rue,

Postcard ID: AU-202808, Sender: IndigoAngel
Sent from NSW, Australia, Sent on 10 May 2012
Received on 4 June 2012, Traveled 6,125 km in 25 days
And wait thy weeding; yet here's eglantine,
Here 's ivy!—take them, as I used to do

Postcrossing Private Swap, Sender: Ayumi
Sent from Hawaii, USA, Sent on 8 March 2012
Received on 20 March 2012, Traveled 5,497 km in 12 days
Thy fowers, and keep them where they shall not pine.
Instruct thine eyes to keep their colors true,
And tell thy soul their roots are left in mine.

Postcard ID: PL-342968Sender: Mariola
Sent from Jelenia Gora, PolandSent on 13 Jan 2012
Received on 23 Feb 2012Traveled 9, 789 km in 41 days

Sonnet 44 - Beloved, thou has brought me many flowers
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning


I needed something cheerful so I picked these flower cards from my collection
for today's post. Postcard Perfect indeed! 



~ maria

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful sonnet and those are beautiful post cards. Are they cards you received or collected from elsewhere?

    I left a reply for you on my blog - thought I'd come by and see how you are doing.

    Never give up! Don't quit.

    Stop by my blog anytime - my email address is on my blog too.

    Take care to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,

      These cards are mostly received from other members of postcrossing.com, private swaps in Facebook postcards pages, and postcards from friends.

      Thank you for dropping by my page and also for the kind words.

      Hugs,
      Maria

      Delete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: