Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sunday Stamps - (I) Ingmar and Ingrid from Sweden


For the letter I - Ingmar Bergman and Ingrid Bergman

(L) 2018 - Sweden - Ingmar Bergman Centenary
Design: Eva Wilsson

(R) 2015 - USA - Legends of Hollywood
Photographer: Laszlo Willinger (1940)

Searching for stamps to feature for the letter I, I was intrigued when I saw these two Bergmans. They share the same family name but are not related to each other. They shared professional work in the film industry though.

The stamp on the left is one of the two designs issued by PostNord in commemoration of the life of Ingmar Bergman. He is considered to be among the most accomplished and influential filmmakers of all time. The film, Persona, featured on this stamp is considered by Bergman himself as one of his most important works.

Thanks to Monica of Beyond the Lone Islands for sending me a postcard from Boras, Sweden with this stamp.

On the right is Ingrid Bergman, also famously known as Ilsa Lund, her character in the film classic, Casablanca. Ingrid is in the list of 100 Famous Actresses of Hollywood's Golden Era (1930 - 1959).

For more stamps with the letter "I", visit See It On A Postcard

P.S. As I'm still locked out from my linky account and I'm yet to receive a response from the page administrator, I decided to step back and cancel the recommence of the Postcard for the Weekend linky. I deeply apologize for the false excitement over this. 

5 comments:

  1. Two great Is today. Interesting that they are not related, yet worked in the same industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid Bergman was so photogenic, I like the photo lighting of that era. The number of films Ingmar Bergman made in his lifetime always amazes me.
    Sorry to here of your linky travails. You are obviously building the excitement of launch date:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I searched in vain for an Ingrid stamp - so glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice connection. I have got the stamp of Ingrid Bergman. What a beautiful woman she was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this great entry, i am a huge fan - persona is an amazing movie

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you saw, please let me know: